What to do if you have a pipe burst:

If you spot a burst pipe, turn off the main water valve immediately. Shut all faucets and then open only the lowest hot and cold faucets in your home. That will drain the water from your home and the burst pipe won’t spray water all over. Then, call a plumber. You may need to turn off the main electrical supply unit immediately.  Never touch anything electrical if it's wet.

If there has been leakage in the house for some time, be careful when entering rooms. Pay attention to the ceilings because if they appear to bulge, it means it is holding lots of water and could cave in any moment. If you've noticed the leak right away, place a bucket underneath to catch the drip.

When incidents like emergency water damage happens, it is best to contact your insurance company immediately to begin your homeowner’s insurance claim. Your insurance agent will advise you what steps you should take for your policy. An adjuster will almost certainly give you a visit to assess the damage. Documentation of the damage is very important and you should do this right away with your digital or video camera or smart phone.You will probably be told to have a professional water damage restoration company remove the water from your home and dry it out.

If you do have a pipe that has burst, there’s some good news when it comes to insurance. You should be covered. Standard homeowners and renters policies do provide coverage for burst pipes. That means, your policy should cover the repair of the pipe, the repair to any damaged walls and also some coverage for damaged furniture and rugs.

If you have damage to your flooring, you can always call Enhance Floors & More and we will do everything we can to help!